- Firearms that never need a reload. Many people have irrational fears of firearms because they see actors discharge firearms for half a movie without ever reloading. This is a big reason for the myth of the
high-capacitystandard capacity magazine. Count the shots off next time you see a Hollywood firearm in action- it's astounding.
- Full Auto is even more magical. Machine guns are not magical death machines. Far too often Hollywood depicts full auto weapons firing even more endlessly than semi-automatic weapons. A typical full auto firearm expends a standard magazine (30-50 rounds) in 2-4 seconds. That's it, then it needs a reload. Not to mention the complexities of muzzle climb or the tremendous amount of heat generated by a full auto burst.
- Incomprehensible accuracy. Effective accuracy while moving is a difficult skill to learn and master, much less execute under fire. Yet we see throngs of actors effortlessly run through fatal funnels and shoot one handed, all the while dropping bad guys with single hits. This is pure fiction- and it makes the uninformed believe that a one with a gun is an instant Rambo.
Mark Kelly, best known for being the husband of someone famous, is dragging Gabby Giffords around the nation for another gun control tour- focused on visiting states with Democrat senators who did the right thing and voted against Universal
Gun Registration Background Checks to bully those senators into changing their position. Mark and his freedom-hating gun control organization Americans for Responsible Solutions, champion two gun control issues: Universal Gun Registration and High Standard Capacity magazine bans.
Author's Note: Standard capacity magazines are 15 rounds for pistols and 30 rounds for rifles. The Bloomberg propaganda machine and Journolists have worked very hard to convince the public that these standard capacity mags are actually 'high capacity'.
People should know a few facts about the hypocrite Mark Kelly before they pay any further attention to this hypocrite. Let's start with this magazine capacity issue:
- FACT: Mark Kelly owns and regularly uses a Glock 17 pistol and uses 17 round magazines. Gosh, aren't those that evil, “high capacity” type of magazines? I wonder if Kelly is prepared to hand over his pistol and mags that he doesn't think law-abiding citizens should be able to own?
Before you think that the 'Americans for Responsible Solutions' bus can keep rolling after losing a wheel consider this evidence demonstrating the effectiveness of the existing Background Check laws:
- FACT: Existing Backgound Check laws prevented Mark Kelly from purchasing a handgun in February 2013. Kelly could not produce a state-issued ID to prove that he was an AZ resident when trying to purchase a .45 pistol in a Tuscon gun store and was denied purchase. Background check laws currently in place require that an individual purchasing a handgun be a resident of the state in which he or she is purchasing the firearm.
- FACT: Existing Background Check laws prevented Mark Kelly from purchasing a second firearm in March 2013– this time an AR-15 rifle. Question 11a on the Form 4473 that puchasers are required to complete requires prospective buyers to certify that they are purchasing the firearm for personal use. Kelly had no such intentions and his attempt at a straw purchase was denied.
Lawmakers need to understand that it is not possible to legislate morality. The rediculous claim that disarming law-abiding citizens will reduce crime is simply not true. Half of all murders in the US are committed by criminals released from prison. Could someone PLEASE draft laws to keep violent offenders in prison?
It looks like karma is catching up with Mayor Bloomberg and his MAIG Civilian Disarmament Alliance these days. After a notable FAIL trying to bully a state-level gun control bill into law in Nevada he has contnued to build momentum in further MAIGFAIL (a new term designating Mayors Against Illegal Guns) :
Mayor Larry Morrissey of Rockford, IL decided that the to withdraw from the
Legion of Doom MAIGFAIL coalition, citing the “mission sway” of the group which initially focused on enforcing existing gun laws , not its current mission of making all guns illegal, THEN enforcing vilian diasarmament laws.
- “I don't want to put my family's life at risk or my own life at risk if I can otherwise protect myself.”
- It gets even more interesting when we learn that Mayor Morrissey will also seek a concealed carry permit (think about this- he enjoys a higher level of police protection than the average law-abiding citizen) once Illinois gets with the 2000s and passes the proposed law: “Any doubt that I might have had in my opinions about concealed carry when I first came into office changed quickly as I became an elected official and became very familiar with the types of crimes we're dealing with,” Morrissey said. “The focus should not be against law-abiding citizens.“
That was before MAIG was caught padding its pseudofacts when they named dead murderers and terrorists, including criminals who were killed by police such as Boston Bomber Tamerlan Tsarnev, as victims of gun violence at a rally in New Hampshire. I wonder if they will paint over the names of the terrorists and murderers that adorn the sides of their bus- it's a MAIGFAIL if you paint over them and also if you leve them on…
The Bloomberg MAIGFAIL parade also made a stop at Mike's own doorstep recently- despite the fact that MAIG is a PAC it turns out that the MAIG website is managed by the city of New York and hosted on official NYC servers and handled by government staffers.
- This instance of MAIGFAIL is called financial corruption
- Also it's official: MAIG is propaganda now that the NYC government is literally operating the squawkbox. Where does the line between Bloomberg's personal fortune and the NYC government start and stop again?