Earlier this year the gun control civilian disarmament movement won big at the state level in Colorado, New York and strengthened its stranglehold on California. They also lost big at the federal level with Universal Background Checks Gun Registration. But the POTUS swore to return with new energy and to get gun owners’ little dogs too.
Despite the best efforts of the Journolists, public support for expanded gun control is back to pre-Newtown levels – about 48%. So what is the Progressive Machine doing to press the agenda forward?
Officials from the White House Office of Public Engagement, which reports to senior Obama aide Valerie Jarrett, are now carrying the administration’s gun control efforts. OPE officials hold a regular meeting with the major gun control groups known as the Gun Violence Table…
The weekly sessions often include OPE Director Paulette Aniskoff or official Paul Monteiro along with representatives from Mayors Against Illegal Guns, the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, Moms Demand Action, the Center for American Progress, Organizing for Action and Americans for Responsible Solutions.
Wow- talk about the forces of evil roundtable – let’s run down the scandals staining the character of some of these enemies of Liberty:
- Mayors Against Illegal Guns but don’t forget about these 16 examples either
- Brady Campaign to prevent gun violence
- Moms Demand Action
- Americans for Responsible Solutions
And of course these amazing humanitarians wouldn’t let a chance to dance in the blood of victims go to waste:
This effort is part of a long term strategy to keep giving these ‘community’ organizers press time to help fan the flames of a grassroots movement to drive gun control back onto the Congressional agenda. How sneaky is it to coordinate the lobbyists in weekly sponsored meetings at the White House and then turn them loose for preferential media coverage?
It’s all with a goal of convincing the low-information voters to rally in support of expanded gun control. The split is so close right now (nearly 50-50) that they could turn the tide without a lot of effort. The mainstream media (MSM) has all their speaking points ready to roll and gleefully reports them every chance they get. This isn’t about debating the Antis- it’s about recruiting that 2-3% of Americans to support their cause. Most people don’t know that gun violence is down 49% since 1993 – even including recent high-profile mass shootings. Most people are to aware that gun crimes have all steadily trended down as firearms ownership has increased among law-abiding citizens in the US (refer to the infographic above). Sadly the MSM won’t let that cross the eyes or hears of the public.
We can stop them though- here are 3 ways each and every one of us can help:
- Vote in every election. Make sure you do it and you know which candidates support your issues ( preserving the 2A for example).
- Make sure your like-minded friends and relatives also vote. Talk to them about the elections and make sure they know which candidates are supporting your issues.
- Be an ambassador for the 2A: take someone shooting for the first time. Show them how enjoyable shooting can be. Don’t talk politics or gun control – just enjoy some range time. Don’t do things to intimidate people who don’t understand firearms ownership. The deck is stacked against gun owners because the media is always demonizing them. Prove them wrong and this can make a difference too.