Gun Control advocates keep offering us Civilian Disarmament as a solution that will help prevent crime. There are a few little problems with this flawed progressive socialist logic though- I like to call them FACTS:
- The State of Virginia is reporting a 5% drop in gun crime between 2011 and 2012. That's in direct correlation to the all-time record for gun sales in Virginia — also set between 2011 and 2012.
- The Brady Campaign named California as the state with the most restrictive gun control laws in 2011. That's in direct correlation to California's ranking as having the highest number of gun murders in America in 2011 (making up 68% of all the murders in the state)
- Our Nations Capital, another gun control stronghold, tops the rankings for most murders per 100,000 people in 2011 (12) and also topped the rankings for gun robberies per 100,000 people (with 242.56).
- Which makes sense actually- ever since Washington, D.C. passed the strongest gun laws in the country crime skyrocketed there.
- Washington, D.C. required all firearms to be registered in 1976 and followed up with a sweeping firearms ban. This led to steadily increasing murder rates that have consistently contended for top US crime rankings since the 1980s.
Those pesky facts sure are inconvenient. Maybe that's why this gun control messaging guide advises gun control advocates to win “by avoiding a fact based conversation and instead injecting their own emotional argument and hoping that you don’t fight back.”