Mark Kelly and Gabby Giffords continue to stump for Civilian Disarmament. The stated goals of their advocacy group, Americans for Responsible Solutions, are:
- Criminal Background Checks – which already stopped Mark Kelly from purchasing two firearms this year without any changes
- Limiting High Capacity Magazines – this did nothing to affect crime in the 1990s, why would it now?
- Stopping Gun Trafficking – already illegal, as it turns out (Fast and Furious may not be the best example)
- Kelly purchased a 30-06 bolt action rifle in New Hampshire (he passed the background check this time) and flew away on a private jet with the weapon. Unless Kelly is a resident of New Hampshire he just broke the law.
- Although Kelly claims they are visiting states where Senators are supposedly vulnerable after voting for or against the Toomey-Manchin
Gun ControlCivilian Disarmament bill to drum up support for more gun control. Except Sen. Hagan made no effort to support or acknowledge the visit to North Carolina. Similarly in states like North Dakota they were met cold shoulders from local politicians and constituents.
- Kelly and Giffords don't seem to respect the First Amendment any more than they respect the Second Amendment- they kept their itinerary in each state secret to avoid being greeted by law-abiding citizens who disagree with their questionable goals. Mind you they claim to be gun owners and friends to gun owners.
- Their 7 day tour is called “Rights and Responsibilties”- hash tagged as #RandR – which is fitting since they are traveling to 7 states in 7 days in a $25 Million private jet, like everyday Americians, right?