Facts, not feelings. That's what you can expect at kR-15.com. Today let's review the facts about the latest lie about guns being circulated by the enemies of Liberty.
Lee Schneider blubbers on in The Huff with misguided rhetoric claiming that guns in the home equate to general misery and suicide. Never mind that privately owned firearms prevent crimes at least 2.5 million times each year. I wish Lee Schneider could explain how 2.5 million more crimes against law-abiding citizens every year would create a nation with less misery and suicide.
- 2.5 million equates to about 6,850 people who saved themselves from becoming victims every single day.
- Across the nation, states with favorable concealed carry laws have a 33% lower homicide rate overall and 37% lower robbery rate than states that allow little or no concealed carry.
- Not to mention that rape victims are 4.1 times more likely to contemplate suicide than the average American.
Another liar, Connecticut Governor Daniel Malloy, claims that “There’s a reality that 19,000 people are going to commit suicide because there’s a gun in their house”
- FACT: The “guns in the home” myth has been repeated time and again by the media, and anti-gun academics continue to build on it.
- FACT: According to two top criminolgists Comparison of “homicide and suicide mortality data for thirty‐six nations (including the United States) for the period 1990–1995” to gun ownership levels showed “no significant (at the 5% level) association between gun ownership levels and the total homicide rate.”
Despite their claims that they want to help Americans the facts show that Lee Schneider and Governor Daniel Malloy actually are advocating policies that will increase crimes and suicides in The United States.