We The People are effectively fighting the Anti’s and their efforts to take away Our Second Amendment rights. Now is the time to make more noise and be certain that the Senate hears our voice- the Silent Majority must be heard.
The Senate is trying to get the Gun Control Bill on the floor for a vote (although they continue to stall hoping to bring supporters on board) and We need to call the Senate switchboard (at 202-224-3121) to reach our Senators’ office and leave messages to remind these elected officials that the proposed legislation in s.649 won’t prevent mass shootings or other violent crimes. Specifically:
- We Oppose ANY new Gun Control Laws
- We Oppose Legislation that Turns Law-Abiding Citizens into Felons
- We are watching their voting records and their actions now will determine how we vote in future elections
Leaving these phone calls takes less than 5 minutes- I promise it is as fast as sending a form letter email.
The legislation headed for the Senate floor has several key components (complete with links to Facts that prove these laws won’t stop any crime) – s.649 is summarized here:
- “Expanded Background Checks” aka ‘Fix Gun Checks Act’ aka Universal Gun Registry: keeping records has led to confiscation in several states— this cannot be allowed. Even the ACLU is concerned about this bill.
- “Gun Trafficking/ Straw Purchases” – which are already illegal- and also contains vague verbiage that could easily be abused and are designed to turn law-abiding citizens into felons
- “School and Campus Safety Enhancements Act”: is maginally useful research funding really the best use of Federal funds when Congress can’t even establish a budget to avoid an exponentially increasing budget deficit?
If you want to really make a difference – After you have called your Senator you should call the ones below and tell them to OPPOSE Universal Background Checks (aka Gun Registration) and to OPPOSE all proposed gun control legislation. These are the CongressCritters with plenty to lose if they support unpopular law– make sure to remind them that Gun Control is not a popular idea among The People.
Senate Swing Votes Who Are Up For Re-election in 2014:
Max Baucus (D-MT) (202) 224-2651
Mark Begich (D-AK) (202) 224-3004
Susan M. Collins (R-ME) (202) 224-2523
Kay R. Hagan (D-NC) (202) 224-6342
Tim Johnson (D-SD) (202) 224-5842
Mary L. Landrieu (D-LA) (202) 224-5824
Mark L. Pryor (D-AR) (202) 224-2353
Mark Udall (D-CO) (202) 224-5941
Tom Udall (D-NM) (202) 224-6621
Mark R. Warner (D-VA) (202) 224-2023
You are making a difference and defending unalienable rights that the Constitution protects for all law-abiding Americans- rights that cannot be sold, transferred or surrendered. Thank you for helping defend those rights.